Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Yesterday was, um, interesting. Where do I begin? First a little good news. Tommy tolerated his PMV (that is what lets him make noise) for two hours yesterday. Go Tommy! Then life thumbed it's nose at me. I was casually flitting around the internet and decided to check the weather. It was looking rather cloudy outside. Uh, Tornado???? It was 45 minutes away, so we packed up laptops and medical supplies, grabbed the kids and went to a friend's house about 20 minutes away, but also well south of the storm. Here's where life starts to stink.

We lost Tommy's PMV. It took us about 2 hours after getting home to find it.

When we got home after the storm was over, we came home to no power. It was about 45 minutes later that it came on.

My laptop's dvd rom has decided to quit working. My computer can't even find it.

Both our personal vehicle and Rob's work truck are sitting on empty, we're flat broke and the kids have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. Joy.

Rob's medical bills are starting to pile up. We are going to owe thousands. I keep looking online at the statements and the insurance is not covering anything! How can we pay them if we can't afford a few dollars for gas? I swear, I'm going to post a link to my paypal account for donations! GRRR!

Everyone keeps warning me to take care of myself because I do so much for my family. I am Tommy's sole caregiver. We are qualified for nursing, but there doesn't seem to be any nurses available. SOOO frustrating! My house is reverting to it's old messy ways again and I'm fighting tooth and nail to stay ahead of it. I feel myself starting to unravel. Rob had a stomach ache last night and I actually yelled at him because he asked me to get him a drink of water. I need a break. A long weekend with NO kids, NO responsibility.

I hate bad days.

No comments:

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects
Double Inlet Left Ventricle with Transpostion of the Great Arteries