Monday, May 12, 2008

My Mother's Day

The day started out a little slow, but little things kept creeping in and I actually ended up having a very nice Mother's Day. I didn't have the typical breakfast in bed. There was no brunch or dinner out. These just can't happen in our home. Tommy still needs his routine care when he wakes up. Rob can't dine in a restaurant because of his sodium restrictions. It's a little give and a little take. I'll give up a typical Mother's Day if I can have them all in good health.

We did have a few rough patches, but it wouldn't be our house if there wasn't a little chaos going on. I got particularly angry at Big Lots. I went in to buy a trash can. I found what I wanted on a top shelf in the back of the store. Interestingly enough, all of their trashcans were up on this shelf. The cashier told me that they were short handed, but there were some other cans on the floor in a different area. Those ended up being too big. AHA! I spied an employee. I told her what I needed and she said okay, she'd be right back. 10 minutes later, I'm still standing there. (and very angry, by the way!) I went to the front of the store and there she stands. Not doing a darn thing! I told the cashier what happened and the other employee says "Oh, I forgot!" I told them I was taking my business elsewhere.

There was a happy side to my day as well. First I got my hair cut! See!



I also bought myself a pair of shoes I've been longing for and waiting to go on clearance. Today was that day and lucky me they had ONE pair in my size!






And finally, a little something from the kids. A hand made picture from Matthew and a short and sweet email from Alex.





So, after a nice dinner of pineapple chicken and a nice heart to heart talk with Rob before lights out, my Mother's Day was very nice. I talked to Alex on the phone. I talked to my mom and to my mother in law. Now that the day is officially over, I did have some nice memories made today. Matthew making the picture and Alex sending the email made all the difference in the world. I am so blessed to the the mommy of just wonderful boys. *Warm fuzzies!*

No comments:

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects
Double Inlet Left Ventricle with Transpostion of the Great Arteries