Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A Beautiful, Lazy Day!

Rob went for his sleep evaluation yesterday. He didn't spend the night yet, that will be next week. I really like his doctor and I think she is very intuitive and we're on the right track. She was very concerned with how apnea may be affecting Rob's heart.

Today was a gorgeous day outside here in Charleston! I put up some bird feeders and cleaned up my yard. I moved my patio table and chairs to a nice shady spot instead of them sitting on the concrete slab. I much prefer the shade! I raked up a few pine needles and it look 100% better! To be fair, Matthew did bag them for me.

Matthew is very upset today. Rob is supposed to be resting, so that is what I am letting him do. He's been sleeping most of the day away sitting on our love seat. Matthew wants to go fishing! I keep telling him how hot it is outside and that Dad needs as much rest as he can get. These reasons don't matter to a 9 year old. I know I should not discount Matthew's feelings, but I have to look at the big picture here! If Rob is sleeping, it is because his body needs it!

Brandon has been an angel today. Hard to say that about "Mr.-Hide-Raw-Steaks-In-Mommy's-Bed" but yes, he's been great. It's one of those hot, lazy Charleston days around here. He and Tommy are laying in the middle of the floor and alternate between napping and playing. Tommy has learned if he pulls Brandon's hair, Brandon makes a loud noise! Tommy finds this hilarious and pulls even more. Brandon hasn't figured out to just move yet, so there is much caterwauling going on in my home today! I'd much rather hear that than the usual fighting and screaming that is typical most days around here!

No comments:

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects
Double Inlet Left Ventricle with Transpostion of the Great Arteries