Saturday, April 14, 2007

Cartoons and snoring...

Hello, All! My current listening selection is "Toon Disney" on the TV, and hubby snoring on the couch. Here it is, nearly 2 p.m. and he is snoozing away. I had plans to grocery shop today, but that looks like it has been shot to pieces! I have someone coming to look at our central air unit in a couple of hours so now is not a good time to leave. Pleh. I don't know how to drive or I would leave him here and go by myself.

Yes, I am 35 years old, and I don't know how to drive. I got my permit 2 years ago and right after I got it, our car broke down. The next couple of cars were complete clunkers, so hubby didn't feel comfortable teaching me to drive in them, or the thought of me breaking down somewhere. So finally we get a new van in awesome condition...and my permit expires! I never learned because my parents did not want a licensed teenager on their insurance policy. I am the oldest of 6 and money was tight. None of my brother or sisters learned until after they were 18 and could pay for their own insurance. I decided to get married at 18 instead of learning to drive. Once I married my ex husband, he liked that I didn't drive. I tried to learn once, but his idea of teaching me was the "cup on the dash" method. (He is an "ex" for a reason...)

Rob really wants to teach me, but we now have to squeeze in a day at the DMV along with all of the doctor's appointments, grocery shopping, work, home school, well, you get the idea.

So, here I sit. Matthew and Brandon watching cartoons to the sound of snoring. I am hoping hunger wakes him up, so I am off to fix lunch for the boys.

No comments:

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects
Double Inlet Left Ventricle with Transpostion of the Great Arteries