Sunday, August 10, 2008

One More Day

Sometime tomorrow afternoon, my baby may be losing his trach. Dr. White will make the call when he rounds Monday. I have requested he not decannulate until I'm able to get to the hospital. I have a meeting at 9:30 that should only last a short time, then it's off to the hospital with my mother in law and older boys.

I'm scared, nervous, anxious, thrilled and sad. This is a new chapter in our lives. No more machines, no more oxygen, no more suction machine. No more supplies taking up his entire room. He went in the hospital nearly a month ago a little baby with a trach. He's coming home a little boy breathing on his own!

Here he is, showing off his cap.

2 comments:

Susie said...

Showing off his cap AND smiling!!! How'd you get that smile on the camera!! You need to remember whatever trick it was! YAY!!!

Awesome Mom said...

How awesome! I ma sure you are going to love being freed from the machines and that Tommy will adore being able to have more freedom of movement. Just think of all the fun adventures you can have together now.

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects
Double Inlet Left Ventricle with Transpostion of the Great Arteries