Saturday, August 16, 2008

Not Meant To Be Right Now

Tommy went into severe respiratory distress Thursday night. Friday afternoon he started repeating the behavior and we were instructed to take him to the ER. He was admitted, put back on oxygen and sadly, retrached. Tommy is much more comfortable now. We're staying the weekend in the hospital for observation.

Monday, his ENT will look at his airway and he and Tommy's cardiology team will start making decisions on what needs to be done next. I've been saying all along I'm not surprised, but I'm so very, very frustrated. Words just can't express what the past two weeks have felt like.

1 comment:

Nancy Jensen said...

Rene,
I'm so sorry that Tommy had to have his trach back in. I've been MIA for quite awhile but wanted to check in with you.

Hang in there, sweetie! "This too shall pass" is a saying I hold on to as I grasp at the fraying end of the rope to my sanity. LOL! Just remember that the saying true! In all the scriptures it says: "and it came to pass", "and it came to pass".... NEVER does it say, "And it came to STAY!" hehe...

((((hugs))))

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects
Double Inlet Left Ventricle with Transpostion of the Great Arteries