Sunday, December 2, 2007

Christmas Is Coming, Let's Have Some Fun!

Our tree is up! YAY! The only strange part is having the air conditioner on next to the tree. It was in the mid 70's today, but Tommy's oxygen concentrator makes it about 10 degrees warmer in the house all the time.

I'm trying to get a little excited about Christmas. I've been dealing with so much with Tommy being sick, home schooling, and just being a mom that Christmas was starting to seem like another hassle. I MADE myself get the tree out of the shed and MADE myself move around things so we could put it in the window. When it came time to set it up, though, Matthew completely took over! All I did was put the legs on the pole and show him how the biggest color branches went on the bottom then to the smallest. He flew into action and put up the entire 6 1/2 foot tree all by himself while I took pictures!



Then when it was time to decorate, he went to my closet and carried out all the boxes by himself. He helped me put on the lights and then I let him and Brandon put on all the decorations by themselves. It's a beautiful tree!



That's a Frosty the Snowman pillow under the tree.

And here is the best part of Christmas yet!

Meet Dan Dan the Gingerbread Man.



I based this loosely on another web idea. Dan Dan is an elf, disguised as a doll. He watches the boys every move and at night teleports back to the North Pole to report to Santa. When he teleports back to Earth, sometimes his landings aren't very good. We found him one morning on a shelf behind a bag of noodles, and the next morning he was in a bowl on top of the fridge. Nobody knows where Dan Dan will end up and the boys have a blast looking for him! They've even started telling Dan Dan when the other does something wrong! Oh, it's so much fun!

1 comment:

Sheilacakes said...

What a beautiful tree and Such a great IDEA! I might have to get a Dan of my own lol. I know this is Feb. But I am going thru and reading all your posts.

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects
Double Inlet Left Ventricle with Transpostion of the Great Arteries