Wednesday, December 26, 2007

God Bless Us, Every One

What a day! I was up until 3 in the morning Christmas Eve. Finally after I had the last gift placed, the stockings stuffed and the pictures taken that I went to sleep. Brandon woke me up at 8 screaming to wake up, that Santa came! There was a bright red Razor scooter set up in front of the tree and I woke up in time to hear and see him squeal with delight, hop on it and announce, "this baby's mine!" I left the one thing he had asked Santa for unwrapped. Lincoln Logs. He was so enchanted. He said "Its exactly what I asked Santa for!"

By Christmas, so many people had told us they wanted to get "a little something" for the boys. Each "little something" turned into a a mountain of gifts. Without the generosity of so many people who showed us the true meaning of Christmas, this day would never had been so magical. I could never afforded to give them the day that they had today! Matthew believes in Santa Claus more than ever now because he got his Nintendo DS. He's been asking for it and writing Santa over and over asking for this one thing. Miracles do happen!

Most of the toys have made it out of their packaging and most of the trash has been carted off to the road for pick up in the morning. After midnight, the boys pointed out to me that Christmas was over. I told them no way! The tree is still up, there is still bits of wrapping paper and boxes ripped apart on the floor. And the room still felt like love. Tommy was laughing at me, taking my had to play patty cake with me. Rob was playing Connect Four with Matthew while Brandon looked on. It was a beautiful scene and the perfect ending to a joyous, perfect day.

1 comment:

Nancy Jensen said...

I am so glad that you had such a good Christmas! I've been very busy with family here for Christmas and everything but I have been thinking about you and your crew. How wonderful that Santa (and others) were so generous!

(((Hugs))) to you and your boys!

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects
Double Inlet Left Ventricle with Transpostion of the Great Arteries