Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Home Sweet Home

We're finally home! After 7 long days of just trying to keep his oxygen levels up and breathing treatments every 4 hours, we've finally made it home. Tommy is doing excellent. And I am hiding out.

I sent my kids to a friend's house. She has developed the bad habit of only calling me when she needs something, so I returned the favor. I needed someone to take care of the older boys so I could come home and decompress for a couple of days. So today I slept late and after I made a few business calls, I've been surfing the internet and watching Tommy enjoying himself rolling around on the floor playing with his toys.

I didn't know how much I needed this peace and quiet until today. Matthew and Brandon have been picking at each other for weeks now and they've been driving me crazy! With them out of the house, it is giving me some much needed down time. I played hooky today, but tomorrow I am cleaning my house from top to bottom without having to break up a fight or listen to how hungry they are just 30 minutes after a meal. (hello, boredom!)

I'm also still keeping a very close eye on Tommy. He has had a little bit of a clear runny nose today. I am hoping it is just from the change in air from the hospital to home. He's fine otherwise, so I don't think we're headed back to the ER any time soon.

He's rolling over really well now and holding up his head. I get the feeling determination will be taking over and he will attempt to crawl soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rene -- my name is Heather and I found your blog through a link on my cousin's blog (http://threejones.blogspot.com/) I've read some of your blogs and think you are an amazing person and so is Tommy. I'm part of a mother's group in Ohio and we would love to adopt your family for the upcoming Christmas holiday. My email is pelkoh@yahoo.com so if you have the chance to email me we could work out the details. I know Jenni had a link to your blog and I'm not sure how you guys know each other, but I'm hoping you'll be able to verify through her that we are a real group!

Heather

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects
Double Inlet Left Ventricle with Transpostion of the Great Arteries