Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Pleeeeeaaaaase make them go to sleeeeeeeep!!!

Here it is, 1:30 in the morning and Matthew and Brandon are still going at it. Matthew wants to go to sleep, but that little snot, Brandon, has decided he's not sleeping today. He is driving us all crazy! It kinda has a snowball affect. If he doesn't sleep, then I have to stay up until he does go to sleep or he gets up and wanders the house getting into everything you can imagine, and none of it good.

I end up staying up late and have a hard time getting up in the morning. This doesn't seem to affect Brandon. He's up at the crack of dawn, even if he's only had 3 hours of sleep and he's ready to do it all over again. I end up passed out from exhaustion from the night before and Brandon gets into everything anyway. I sound like such a neglectful parent, but I have to sleep! I'm not talking all day, and not even a full 8 hours. If I am tired, I can't take care of any of them!

When I get up late, my entire day is thrown out of whack. Tommy gets trach care done later, which means he gets fed later. It screws up his medicine schedule and sometimes I don't get in all three doses he needs because I don't want to give them too close together just to get them in. For instance, tonight, I have to give him a dose of three of his medicines at 2 in the morning just to get him back on track.

Great....now they are in their room chasing a water bug. I totally hate child abuse, but I am borderline ready to go duct tape them down to their beds!!! It's time for "Mean Mommy" to make an appearance. Otherwise, it's going to be an all nighter for me.

No comments:

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects
Double Inlet Left Ventricle with Transpostion of the Great Arteries