Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Catching Up For The Week

Well, we've had quite the week! Tommy had a routine bronchoscopy done by his ENT Friday morning. It went very well. I have all the medical mumbo jumbo on my carepage if anyone cares for technical details. It all comes down to his airway has grown. That's a mixed blessing, because it means yes, he has more of an airway, but it also leaves him wide open to aspirate more. Ho-hum...His doctor is sure it can be handled eventually and we have a 95% chance of getting his trach out once an for all. I've come to learn this past year to NEVER expect anything from Tommy! Good or bad!

So that leads up to Labor day weekend. We were lazy pretty much the entire weekend. Rob took Matthew fishing on Monday, but they ended up home after just a few hours because nothing was biting. At least they went and made a memory together.

Today was our first day of homeschooling for this school year. I think it went very well. Brandon learned what the letter "A" looked and sounded like, so that is a great thing. I think we will do a letter a week. Matthew wanted to be in Kindergarten instead of fourth grade today! He eventually settled down and had a really good day as well. Now I am trying to get them to go to sleep. It's a little after midnight and the little monsters just won't drop! I guess I will just have to keep getting them up at 8 in the morning and pray they start sleeping at night!

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Rene,
You are an amazing woman! I cannot even begin to imagine doing everything that you do (taking care of Tommy, the other kids, your husband and now HOMESCHOOLING too!) I know that a few posts ago you mentioned that you were going to take some time for yourself...I have not read anything yet as to what you have done...I hope that you take that time...you need it and you DESERVE it! Keep up your great work!
Heart Hugs,
Samantha
www.caringbridge.org/visit/micahmajor

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects
Double Inlet Left Ventricle with Transpostion of the Great Arteries