Thursday, May 17, 2007

We've been having a great week. Rob is getting a ton of overtime, Tommy is doing fantastic. We had Tommy's cardiac appointment today. Dr. McQuinn only wanted his oxygen saturation levels. Last month, they were in the low 70's and he was coughing. Today he was back up to 84%. We also go his heart cath scheduled. It is going to be on June 25th. Tomorrow we have PT. Tommy had his G tube replaced today (routine) so I am excited to see if he will do some tummy time. I'm not expecting anything, but it would be nice to see if this helps him.

We are passively working on Brandon's potty training. We let him go if he asks to go, but we don't make him unless he wants to take a bath. Matthew is having withdrawals from his gameboy. I have to keep it put away and let him take it out for special occasions. I have to hide it,haha. We ended up installing a camera in their room. Too many fights and they are blaming each other. Plus Brandon has a bad habit of taking things that aren't his and hiding the evidence in his room. I love having a hubby that works for an electronics company. Brandon is enjoying shaking his butt at the camera. (insert eye rolling here)

Well, now that the cat is out of the bag with my family, I can share that we are taking Tommy on his first road trip in a couple of weeks to meet our families. Outside of my mother in law, nobody on either side of our families has met him. Today's appointment confirmed we are cleared to leave town! We have his swallowing study and see his ENT on Monday. Other than that, we are just hanging out waiting for our trip. We are going to Kentucky. I am especially excited for my mom to meet him.

1 comment:

Awesome Mom said...

I am glad that you guys will get to have a change of scenery.

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects
Double Inlet Left Ventricle with Transpostion of the Great Arteries