Sunday, May 27, 2007

Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home...We arrived in KY yesterday. My husband and I were both born and raised here. Me in Elizabethtown and him in Bardstown. So far we have seen one of my sisters, her husband and their two kids, and from Robs side, we saw a few cousins, and his aunt. Today is his family's reunion. I am excited to go. I have never been (mostly because we live out of state). I don't know what all we have planned for the week. Family court, the zoo, a get together with my family this Friday...this is vacation, so I want to just veg and let it happen.

Tommy barely slept on the way, and refused to wear his HME (it goes over his trach and keeps him from getting too dry). Now all of the kids are sacked out on one bed, Rob in the other, and me on the computer! They are gonna hate me when I have to wake them up.

I really miss not living here. I have such mixed feelings. If we move back, Tommy's health would definitely make a turn for the worse. The hospitals here are nowhere near as competent as MUSC. So for now, we will visit when we can, and maybe in a few years, when he overcomes more of his little quirks, we can think about moving back. Of course, it is summer now. We might feel differently once the snow starts to fall! After living in Charleston for 6 snowless years, I don't know if I would be able to tolerate the shoveling, the black ice, and all the lovely stuff to go with it!

I will update on our trip when I can!

No comments:

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects
Double Inlet Left Ventricle with Transpostion of the Great Arteries