Tuesday, May 8, 2007

A much needed laugh

Little boys will make you laugh! Just when I think I can't take anymore, one of them says the funniest thing. Brandon is always pushing my buttons, and looking for new ways to do so. Every time I tell him to do something, even if he is in the middle of doing it, he will tell me "no". He is going to be the class clown at some point. I can feel it. So today, he is being his usual charming self. I don't even remember what I said to him. I do, however, remember the reply. Without missing a beat, he turns his back to me, raises his bottom into the air and says "Talk to the butt!"

I just lost it. I needed a good laugh. Now someone reading this might be just appalled to hear a three year old say that! Get over it. He's three! I realized long ago that this is not the "Cleaver" household. I have 4 boys, all with a unique personality and beautiful smiles. They are all sarcastic, mouthy, loud, and rambunctious--each in their own way. But at the end of the day, a phone call to Alex always ends in "I love you". Matthew hugs me. Brandon kisses me, and Tommy smiles.

Yeah, the house is a wreck. Something smells funny in their room. Dishes and laundry never get finished on the same day...Who cares! My boys made me laugh today! And to any of you out there thinking my boys need discipline or need to learn respect...Lighten up, I've got this one! "Talk to the butt!"

1 comment:

SUGGS FAMILY said...

Very Funny! Kids are the best!

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects
Double Inlet Left Ventricle with Transpostion of the Great Arteries