Wednesday, May 9, 2007

I had a mini-vacation today! It was grocery day here. I try to go once a month and stock up. We make enough trips to the doctor's office as it is, so why add more trips if we can do it all at once. Rob usually waits in the van with his laptop and watches dvd's with the boys. Sometimes, I take Brandon in with me for mommy time. Today, we put a spin on that. Our friend, Ernie, dropped me off at the front door of Walmart and headed back to my house. Rob stayed at home with the boys and Ernie while I leisurely strolled around doing my shopping. No rush, no screaming, no little hands taking things off of the shelves, no whining for cartoon cereal.

By the time I was done, my cart was overflowing and I came in $10.00 under budget. I was about to leave when I realized my cashier had taken my coupons, but had not used them. I went back and since he happened to be a manager, he just scanned all of the coupons, and gave me back cash! $7.47 worth! I was so impressed that something good happened to me. Rob came and picked me up while Ernie sat with the boys for about 30 minutes. Scary! He had to suction Tommy while we were on the way home and went too far. He's never had to do that before, so even though Rob showed him how, he panicked. Tommy is okay. He had "pink trach" for a little while (a few drops of blood in his secretions). I put saline down for moisture and he was fine.

The groceries got put away pretty quickly. I even had dinner ready in less than 45 minutes. Now all of my babies are asleep at a decent hour, and I am settling in to watch The Dead Zone.

1 comment:

Nancy Jensen said...

YAY! I'm glad you had a good day!

I tagged you on my blog. It's a fun little meme - I hope you think so too.

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects
Double Inlet Left Ventricle with Transpostion of the Great Arteries