Monday, March 8, 2010

Spring Has Arrived!

Spring is here! How can I tell? I woke up today, got the kids ready for school like every other Monday and we walked out the door. I sneezed. I sneezed again. Before the bus made it, I sneezed about 5 or 6 different times. Ahhhh....pollen....

It was 37 degrees at the bus stop this morning. Perfect for my favorite hoodie, cropped pants and pink snow boots. (Hey, the ground is still muddy!) The school says I have to be at the bus stop, they didn't say there was a dress code. Good thing I'm past the point in my life where I worry about what people must think of me, because 5 cars were stopped behind the bus and they all saw me in cropped pants and snow boots. I'm kind of hard to miss.

On the way to the bus stop, Brandon and I spotted life growing from the cold ground. Beautiful bright green shoots that will become beautiful bright flowers.






As I walked home, I noticed buds on the trees and just how lovely everything looked. I love Spring.



Spring brings something else too, here in Kentucky. Rain. Lots and lots of rain. Right on schedule with the flowers and budding trees is a weather forecast of a 40 to 60% chance of rain for the next 7 days, starting tonight. I'm not too worried about the weather because I happen to be working for the next 7 days so I won't be missing anything. I'm actually hoping for a really good morning thunderstorm to lull me back to sleep after the kids have gotten on the bus. Let's just hope Mother Nature keeps the tornados to herself this year. Nothing ruins a good nap like the prospect of a tornado. But, it's Kentucky and it can't be helped. It's Spring.

Here's a few more pictures to show you why I live where I do and why I refuse to move closer to my job. I wake up every single morning and look out my front door at this.



No comments:

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects
Double Inlet Left Ventricle with Transpostion of the Great Arteries