Thursday, February 25, 2010

All Blogged Out

A quick update on life.

We attended the God's Special Little Hearts Heart Walk last week. It was wonderful! It's inspiring to see 50 kids running around and not knowing who's a CHD survivor, a sibling, or a friend.

Matthew chose to do a project for school on Vivien Thomas. He was a surgical technician in the 40's and black. He perfected the surgery that went on to be known as the Blalock-Taussig shunt. A life saving procedure for countless children with cyanotic heart defects like Tommy. Dr. Thomas didn't get the recognition he deserved during his life for the amazing work that he did. I'm glad Matthew chose him as his "Inventor" for Black History Month. So many more people are going to be aware of not only Dr. Thomas' life, but of CHDs because of Matthew.

We've finally found the right medication for Brandon!!! It's so nice to see him cooperating with us. He still has outbursts, but he recovers and does what we ask of him. My only concern is he is now VERY chipper! Sometimes to the point I can't get his attention. He just chatters away, happily and content. I'll take that trade off!

Not much to blog about these days. I'm emotionally tired out from posting Tommy's story. Life is very normal and mundane this week. Just the way I like it. Forgive me if I don't blog too much right now. I need to stretch my brain. As I deal with daily life and grief, I am finding it easier to let the tears fall when they need to fall instead of bottling up for later. Same with blogging. I'm able to get my feelings out much easier these days and not waiting until I am over come and need to vent.

I'm not quitting the blog! I just don't have anything interesting going on!

And that is a wonderful thing.

No comments:

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects
Double Inlet Left Ventricle with Transpostion of the Great Arteries