Thursday, March 25, 2010

Life Going Well

Life is going well so far. I do have to constantly remind myself that my depression does not run my life. Every day is a challenge. I've tried to keep what is important in the front of my mind, and things I have no control over out of my thoughts if I can.

This week has been good to me. I was able to work a 5 day work week instead of the 11 in a row I pulled last week. I was able to get a small treat for myself and tonight we took the boys out for pizza. Being a "normal" family again isn't as hard as it used to be. Nobody knows we are really a family of 5 and that one of us is an angel. Tonight, we were just a mom and dad with two boys eating pizza and watching the big screen tv.

I let the boys decide what kind of pizza to get. I'm trying very hard to eat well, so I knew I would only have one slice no matter what it was. It happened that they wanted Meat Lovers with a stuffed crust. Oh My! They enjoyed it very much!

So, me eating right... Yep. For about a month now, I have not had a soda that was not diet. And more recently, I've gone the diet no caffeine route too. I have cut out red meat to about once or twice a week instead of typically 5 or 6 times a week, including lunch. I'm also trying to keep it under 1200 calories a day. Movement/exercise is still a challenge. I walk the boys to the bus stop every morning, about a football field's length. I'm trying to walk back at a faster pace than I usually do. I think the combination of eating well, squeezing in a little exercise and keeping my thoughts as positive as possible can only have a good effect on my mental well being. I also found I still had about 2 weeks left of Prozac, so I'm taking it for now.

I'm hoping in a couple of weeks that I can rearrange my schedule enough to be able to meet with the director of the clinic. Until then, one day at a time.

No comments:

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects
Double Inlet Left Ventricle with Transpostion of the Great Arteries