Thursday, May 14, 2009

Such a long, rewarding day

I began my day with a mere 3 hours of sleep. That's very typical of me, since I work late nights. When I get home, I unwind, have something to eat, check my email, and all the typical stuff that people do when they come home from work. Except I get home a little after midnight, which puts me getting to bed around 3 in the morning, then getting up again around 7 to get the boys ready for school. MOST of the time, I can go back to bed, but today I had appointments early in the day, so there was no heading back to bed.

My day started typically, but as the boys were about to walk out the door, something felt wrong. A quick check of the weather and I knew why. We were under advisory for a severe thunderstorm and it was headed right for us. By the time I had walked from the living room to the bed room to wake Rob to ask him to run the boys to the bus stop, I heard a whooshing noise and the sky opened up. It poured! Rob drove the boys to the bus and all was well. It had stopped raining heavily by the time we left an hour later for my appointments.

I finally made it home around 11:30 and hopped right into bed. I slept until the boys came home. Matthew went next door to visit his mamaw and Brandon and I had some quiet time. An hour later, we were in town again. We took the boys out for a cheap dinner, then headed to McDonald's for 99 cent ice cream cones. The McDonald's happens to be near a park so we drove over and let the boys run and finish their cones.

Once we made it home, the boys and I weeded the flower bed. Okay, I weeded, Matthew complained and Brandon played with his ball, LOL! Once it got dark, it was bath time and bed time. Happy to report that both boys are snoozing contently and it's barely 10pm. After weeding the flower bed, I might have to follow suit very soon. I'm tired! I couldn't begin to fathom why????

No comments:

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects
Double Inlet Left Ventricle with Transpostion of the Great Arteries