Monday, May 18, 2009

Morning World...

Good morning, world. For the first time in a week, I have a morning with no appointments, no obligations and no stress. The boys made it to the bus on time without any stress. That itself is a wonderful way to start the day!

Rob and I were talking last night about what the world expects and how we see ourselves. Society, family, all seem to want to push us in a direction we no longer wish to go. We no longer desire the "bigger, better deal". We no longer wish to work, work, work just to get nowhere in life. Sure, I have a job. Sure, I have days where I'd rather be doing something else, but for the most part, I love it. What it all came down to was that we are where we want to be in life. It will never get as good as it is for us right now.

We are so content with our lifestyle and our lives. Every morning, I wake up and look out my front door to see green grass and trees for miles. I rarely hear traffic. I hear the sounds of birds, the clock ticking and my cat chasing a toy. The boys have acres to run and explore out our front door. No longer confined to 15X30 strip of yard in a neighborhood of questionable people. Matthew can run next door and help his mamaw in the garden. Brandon can try to catch the barn cats (notice I said try!). Life is slow.

Our biggest fear is having to give up living here someday. We rent from Rob's grandparents. They won't be around forever and we fear if they are gone, then we would have to move. I hope there is a way that we can keep this little patch of Heaven. I can breathe. I feel no stress when I am here. The world stops moving when I look out my front door and comes to life when I step outside. The honeysuckle is in bloom. The blackberries have flowered. There are so many different kinds of birds that I have lost count. Bees, squirrels, opossum, deer. I've never felt more at home.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Rene it sounds wonderful and I'm so happy for you that you've found a place that feels like home.

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects
Double Inlet Left Ventricle with Transpostion of the Great Arteries