Sunday, February 8, 2009

We had a wonderful time

At the heart walk yesterday! I can't tell you how touched I was by the entire atmosphere. I wish I could participate more than once a year. It was great seeing kids who were survivors and still fighting. Tommy was recognized as an angel not only in the video that played the entire time, but we were given time to do a special walk for him as his name and diagnosis was read as well as when he died. As we left, we released a balloon in his honor.

We wore tee shirts that God's Special Little Hearts graciously provided for us. I knew what we had picked out for wording on the back, but I was not prepared for how great they looked. I was brought to tears. Here are a few pictures from the day.

Rob and me


The back of the shirt says "In Memory of Tommy 9/25/06-8/20/08"


Our family about to release the balloon.


There it goes to Heaven for Tommy!

1 comment:

Susan said...

The t-shirts are great. What a nice thing to do in Tommy's memory.

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects
Double Inlet Left Ventricle with Transpostion of the Great Arteries