Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The CHD Awareness Quilt Project

I heard of the CHD Awareness Quilt Project when Tommy was still very small. I knew that it took a very long time for each square to be made and I was afraid that if I chose something then, that it would not be a good representation of Tommy in the future. I wanted to wait to see what his interests would be. I put the quilt to the back of my mind.

Recently, during CHD Week, I was given an invite on Facebook to join the CHD Awareness Quilt Project group. It got me thinking about what kind of quilt block I would love to represent Tommy, so I submitted our information. Tommy's name has been officially added to the list for his quilt block to be made. Their website is The CDH Awareness Quilt Project. His name is on the Honor Roll S-Z, listed by first name. If someone wants to volunteer to make Tommy's quilt square, there is a link on the site about who to contact. They will be able to give you all of the information about what it should look like.

To check up on the status of Tommy's quilt block, go here and click on the link K-Z. The names are in alphabetical order by first name as well. I don't know if I will ever get the chance to see Tommy's quilt in person. I hope someday to travel to one of their shows once its done and have my picture taken with it.

1 comment:

LJR said...

That would be such a sweet thing to do for Tommy's memory. What a wonderful project!

I like the new layout, I checked your page and found some sunny bright orange to brighten my day!

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects
Double Inlet Left Ventricle with Transpostion of the Great Arteries