Friday, September 26, 2008

Yesterday...

Yesterday was Tommy's birthday. September 25th, 2006 at 11:50 pm, my sweet boy came into the world with a lusty cry from tiny lungs. He weighed in at 4 pounds 3 ounces. 16 inches long. It would be many, many months before I heard that cry again. I guess you're wondering why I didn't post yesterday about his birthday. I just couldn't do it. I had posted to his carepage and a small paragraph to a private message board or two, but I could not bring myself to update here.

It rained all day yesterday. Very fitting. Tommy was facinated with rain. His favorite song was "Itsy Bitsy Spider". I remember a few months back when we got our first really good late spring-early summer soaker I opened the front door to let in the breeze. Tommy watched and watched the rain and all of a sudden, starting signing "Itsy Bitsy Spider", the part of "down came the rain and washed the spider out". He GOT it! He KNEW! He was so proud of himself. I'd forgotten that moment until right now. What a beautiful memory.

I stood on my porch and blew bubbles for Tommy. Off to Heaven they went for him to pop with his little fingers. I waited until 11:50 pm and then sang/cried "Happy Birthday" for him.

I didn't make a montage for his birthday this year. I do love to look at all of his pictures, but it would be so hard to glean just a few memories out of the literally thousands and thousands that I took in the past year. So here is a montage from his first birthday instead. Followed by pictures of his first and only birthday party.

Montage of Tommy's first year

Tommy's First Birthday Party

No comments:

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects
Double Inlet Left Ventricle with Transpostion of the Great Arteries