Saturday, October 27, 2007

Well, our nurse did start as planned on Tuesday and on Wednesday, I called her supervisor and asked her not to send her again. Well, it started off that before she came, she told me she would have to leave at 2 to go get her daughter from school and then be back around 4 and stay till around 6 to get her 8 hours. No biggie, since 2-4 is Tommy's usual nap time.

The problem is not only did she sleep sitting on my couch for nearly the entire time she was here, she never talked to Tommy or tried to touch him, hold him, etc. Then, we talked about what an early day is was to get used to at 8 o'clock. She said she has one client that wants her to come in at 10. I tell her that is great. Then she tells me she clocks in at the office at 8 but doesn't show up until 10 and then leaves at her regular time!

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!!!! I was in such shock at what was going on that I didn't confront her. She was a nice person, but there is no way I trust her alone with my child. The case manager from the nursing agency is looking for another nurse. I'd rather do without than not be able to trust who is left with my baby.

Well, changing topics here....

The charity that donated the funding for the nurse also provided Tommy with a brand new crib! I finally got his room all fixed up for him and he is now sleeping (rather he's playing quietly) in his own bed in his own room. It took me a very long time to get it fixed up since it used to be Rob's office. Rob ended up coverting our second bathroom into his new office so Tommy could have his own room. My living room doesn't look like a hospital anymore! Now it's all neatly lining the walls in his room. It's so awesome to sit here and watch him on the tv.

Yep. TV. We put a security camera with night vision and sound above his bed and then plugged it into the RCA jack on the tv. Now I can watch and hear him all night long. If he wakes up having an asthma attack, I can see and hear him on the tv and rush to his side. He's only in the next room, but if I didn't have the sound up on the tv, I'd never hear him coughing.

Here's pictures of his room. I took the bassinette out and donated it to the charity when they brought the crib. Here is also a picture from the store's website of the crib since I can't get a good shot of it.

1 comment:

Awesome Mom said...

It must be nice to have him in his own room. That is a really pretty crib.

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects
Double Inlet Left Ventricle with Transpostion of the Great Arteries