Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Ack! The Nurse Starts Tomorrow!

I feel like I am on the edge of cliff and I'm about to be pushed off! My house is a complete disaster area. It smells funny. I am too wound up to sleep, and in just 7 short hours, I will have a nurse knocking on my door. Part of me wants to cheer and the other part is completely embarrassed by the state of my house. Then I remind myself the reason my house looks this way is because I need help! I almost feel like I have to have someone here to help me get ready for the person coming to help me! I have mountains of trash in my kitchen. The neighborhood we live in says we can only put trash by the road that "fits in the can". If it doesn't fit, they won't take it. It makes me want to beat my head against a wall!

I've been working for almost a week to get Tommy's room cleaned out so that we can start using it for him. I'm nowhere near done. I guess after the boys go to sleep, I will take a trash bag in there and just start tossing everything. It used to be Rob's office, so it's full of who knows what! Brandon thinks its his playroom. I found smashed pink paint balls on the wall today. Yippee. I'm really hoping that this nurse is going to be super-understanding about our situation and can be a huge help to me. Just knowing I will be able to leave the room and another responsible adult is going to be able to take care of him feels so great. I'm hoping that tomorrow I can get his room done with her watching him. Oh, that would be Heavenly.

What I really want to do while she is here is SLEEP, but since Matthew and Brandon are going to be completely uncooperative on that matter, a nap will be out of the question. I can't even get them to go to bed at night. It's 1:17 by my clock and they are still wide awake. Maybe I should drag them out of bed for a cleaning session and see how fast they go to sleep! Speaking of sleep, I should be getting some. I have to be up and dressed and answering the front door in 7 hours!

1 comment:

Awesome Mom said...

What you need is a tranquillizer gun so you can shoot the kids when you need them to go to sleep.

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects
Double Inlet Left Ventricle with Transpostion of the Great Arteries