Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Tuesday Catch-Up

I made it through the weekend and managed not to infect Tommy with my cold. Woo-Hoo! Our new central air was installed on Friday. It's twice the size of the last one. We used it for a while on Friday, but had to stop because we need to buy filters for it. We haven't had a chance to hit the hardware store yet. Maybe I will put that on Rob's to-do list for tomorrow.

I've been working on reorganizing my house again. It's an ongoing battle. Our house is just too small. The more I take out of the bedroom that is supposed to be Tommy's future room, the more gets dumped into it behind my back! It's becoming a catch all for whatever doesn't have a place. I'm so sick of it! It's all Rob's crap. If I had the time and energy, I'd trash all of it, but since I am peacekeeper around here then that's probably not a good idea. Besides, I have no time or energy.

I meet with a coordinator tomorrow who is getting us set up with our temporary nurse. The nurse has to work an 8 hour shift according to state law. My problem is I am not sure which 8 hours of the day would benefit us the most. She's probably only going to be here one day a week, so I also have to decide which day is most beneficial. If it is on a Monday, I would have to get up. Um, no. I try to not do anything on Mondays. Monday is usually my transition day. Tuesdays are occupational therapy, so for an hour she'd have nothing to do. Maybe that could be used as her lunch hour. Fridays are the same way. That might actually work to my benefit...If she gets here at 8 on Tuesdays and can help me get him up and do trach care while I deal with Monster kids and breakfast before the therapist gets here. She and I are going to talk anyway, so we can work out the kinks.

Well, Tommy is playing patty cake with himself. Right on time for dinner to be cooked, he needs a diaper change and some entertainment. Yep, I am going to love having somebody else here once a week to do all of the Tommy stuff for me!

1 comment:

Rick said...

Enjoyed the slide show - precious child - take care.

http://organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects
Double Inlet Left Ventricle with Transpostion of the Great Arteries