Saturday, June 23, 2007

Where Has My Mind Gone?

Oh my goodness, where has the week gone??? I am starting to get really scatterbrained lately. I cannot remember to do anything! I have let it slip my mind every day this week to get an estimate for repairing the A.C. and I keep forgetting to send in Matthew's homeschool report to our association! On top of that, I have misplaced my SSI mail for the month. Every month, I send in Rob's pay stubs, and then they send them back with a new envelope. I've lost the entire thing. I thought I had it, but my brain will not allow me to remember where I put it!

My sleep schedule is really out of whack too. I have to stay up until about 3 am to give Tommy his medicine and refill his feeding pump. Then I usually read to quiet my mind for about 30 minutes, so I am normally asleep by 4. Rob usually wakes me up at 6:30 to search for his clothes in the dryer while he takes a shower. I then go back to bed at 7 and set the alarm for 11. It's just so hard to get up when it goes off, but I don't have a choice--therapists will be knocking on my door twice a week around 12:30. I am still trying to figure out how I am going to get up at 6 am and function on Monday morning!

Speaking of Monday. I asked my friend if she could watch the boys so Rob wouldn't have to miss work. She flaked on me. She did volunteer her teenage daughter to come to my house, but that entails driving 30 miles to pick her up, 30 miles back, then do it all again to take her back. On top of that, she's a little bit of a troublemaker, but Mommy thinks her Baby can do NO wrong. (she has run away countless times, called DSS on her mom, lies, smokes, and is getting involved with an 18 year old boy in another state that she met playing XBox Live.) I had to be honest with my friend and tell her Rob didn't think it was a good idea to have her in the house. She acted shocked! I did the best I could and just told her Rob was being Rob. I also told her the truth, that Rob feels like if this girl is in our house, it's only a matter of time before we are being investigated by DSS as well. (my friend is dealing with accusations of domestic violence and child abuse charges that have been blown WAY out of proportion)

So now, Rob has to miss work, and we just can't afford it. I called my mother in law today to borrow money for gas to get us to the hospital on Monday. Ah well, we've been in worse places. We can finally meet our bills each month, there just isn't squat left over in the end! I think Rob is putting in for his raise, and he is working some overtime this weekend, so I am praying that will make up the difference of having to take the day off on Monday.

There is good news! I have managed to keep my living room looking nice all week. I am so happy with myself! Now I am off to find myself a little snack. I have been a good girl in that department, so I think a little something will be okay.

No comments:

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects
Double Inlet Left Ventricle with Transpostion of the Great Arteries