Sunday, June 3, 2007

My Awesome Week!

So, the week has come to an end. We are about to leave KY. I have 3 more hours until we hit the road. I am supposed to be sleeping, but I have a feeling I will be sleeping more on the road than anything else. We introduced Tommy to every living relative on the PLANET (or so it feels). He has won everyone's hearts. We had a family reunion with Rob's family, one with mine, went to the Louisville Science center, saw Pirates of the Carribean 3 at a drive in, explored my hometown with my kids, looked for a family cemetary (that we didn't locate), hung out with old friends, and basically just had a blast the entire week!

I also found out that my mamaw has a congential heart defect that was repaired about 40 years ago! Having a time wrapping my mind around learning this now! Happy I know now, but still a little taken aback. Kinda like "lets wait until there's a kid born with a chd before we tell them there is a family history of heart defects". Or maybe she didn't know she should have shared with me sooner. Very mixed emotions here....

No comments:

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects
Double Inlet Left Ventricle with Transpostion of the Great Arteries