Monday, March 16, 2009

A Little Life Update

Life has been hectic for the past few weeks. I am working nights and Rob is staying home with the boys. Switching roles has been a little bit of a challenge. He's not used to their routines at night yet, so I've been calling home with reminders every night. So far, everyone is surviving. My sleep is being disrupted by the new schedule as well. I'm getting about 4 hours of sleep at a time. I'm hoping in a couple more weeks, everyone will be adjusted.

I love my job. Wish I wasn't driving 30 minutes each way, but we do what we have to do. The job market is tight, so I will take what I can. I'm just fortunate enough that I love what I do and have wonderful people to work with. I'm also running into old classmates from high school. These are people I haven't seen in 20 years. Pretty cool!

Rob has a few projects going on at home to keep him busy when he's not helping with homework or giving baths. First, he is renovating his grandparent's barn. It's still in great condition, but it's full of clutter that has been piling up for years. So far, he's gotten their tractor running again, installed new outlets and hung new lights. He's also pulled his Pontiac Firebird out into the open to begin fixing up. It will take years before it's done, but he and the boys can't wait to get their wrenches on it! I'm even going to help.

The boys are on their way to school now, so I think I will use the morning to catch up on some sleep. I work 6 days a week so I need to rest when I can!

No comments:

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects
Double Inlet Left Ventricle with Transpostion of the Great Arteries