Friday, April 25, 2008

Successful day

Tommy was extubated right away after surgery. He's getting morphine as needed. Honestly, he looks like nothing happened. He has a small incision on his chest and he has a tiny drain on his neck that resembles a rolled up bandaid.

I'm home for the night because he is in great hands in the PICU. Tomorrow he will move back to the regular floor and then after his drain is removed on Monday, barring nothing else comes up, we will most likely be discharged.

I've been awake for about 38 hours at this point. I've been updating everyone under the sun and I still have a couple emails to write. I hope I make it!

No comments:

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects
Double Inlet Left Ventricle with Transpostion of the Great Arteries