Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Everyone Needs

A really good tantrum every now and then! Let it out! Throw something. SCREAM!!!!!

As mom to an angel, I get plenty of opportunity for the world to get me down and I start to feel sorry for myself. Some days it can be over the way my hair looks in the mirror. Other days the rain reminds me of Tommy signing "Itsy Bitsy Spider". It could be my husband said the wrong thing to me. I'm a woman on the edge of sanity most days. One good shove and off I go! (My husband really doesn't like this aspect of my personality. Wonder why?)

Today was a temper tantrum kind of day for me. Not sure what sets me off. Lack of sleep. Memories. Hunger. Maybe plain old moodiness. When I get this way, I really don't care what I say or how I say it. I'm out for blood. Good thing today I decided to keep my thoughts to myself and not take them out on any unsuspecting customers. I had a raging temper tantrum brewing inside me and took it out by texting mean, snotty things instead. Not the best of ideas, but I got a lot of anger off of my chest.

And then it was gone. POOF! Like a calm washing over me.

Some tantrums have better outcome than others. Today had a good outcome. Sometimes I just want to curl up in a ball and weep. Every single one of those days Tommy is not far from my thoughts. I know a screaming, throwing things, breaking stuff tantrum will never bring him back, but it's a whole lot cheaper than putting myself in the hospital having a panic attack. I've been known to purposely stock the cooler at work just so I can kick the empty boxes as hard as I can outside. Some days, I just scream for no reason and I feel great!!!

A little pity party is good for the soul every now and then. Give yourself permission to have a bad day. Throw pillows. Punch the couch. SCREAM UNTIL YOUR HEAD FEELS LIKE IT WILL POP OFF!!!!

Then sit back and feel the calm wash over you.

No comments:

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects
Double Inlet Left Ventricle with Transpostion of the Great Arteries