Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Trach Tie

While I was off from work and sorting through boxes, I came across a stray trach tie. It had been used and somehow ended up in a box instead of the trash. The SMELL, oh my goodness, it REEKED of my baby! I balled it up against my nose and cried tears of sorrow and happiness. I called Rob and the boys over and we all smelled and remembered Tommy. Matthew asked to keep it and I told him no. I shoved it in my pocket and went back to work going through boxes.

Fast forward to yesterday afternoon. I opened the washer to put everything in the dryer and in the bottom lay the trach tie. I had accidentally washed my jeans with it in the pocket. The smell was gone. I was so sad, but I knew Tommy was still here with me. I still search for his smell every day. I hope as I go through more boxes, I will find more things with his smell.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I hate it when things like that happen. Hugs.

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects
Double Inlet Left Ventricle with Transpostion of the Great Arteries