Monday, April 20, 2009

8 months?

Has it really been 8 months? It feels like 8 weeks and a lifetime if that makes any sense. Last week, Rob and his uncle went to Charleston and brought all of our things back from storage. It's been bittersweet. On one hand, I'm cheering "yay, we got our stuff!" and on the other, I'm now dealing with opening box after box of Tommy's things. I was wisely advised at the time to just pack up everything and put it in storage with the rest of our things and deal with it later. It's later.

So far I've managed to open a box of his clothes and cry, then I came across his toys. More tears. I told Brandon he could pick out any of the toys he wanted and keep them. We may give the rest to another baby. Haven't decided what to do about the clothes yet. I already gave a lot of them away before we left Charleston and kept the more sentimental pieces. Turns out, I was very sentimental at the time.

I found I did not feel attached to his crib sheets or blankets when I found them. There's one thing that can be donated now. I don't know about anything else yet. We still have half of the trailer to unload before I can start opening boxes and unpacking. I need to get the chore of unloading accomplished first, then I can sit alone while the kids are at school later this week and slowly start the process of dealing with memories.

No comments:

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects
Double Inlet Left Ventricle with Transpostion of the Great Arteries