Friday, June 11, 2010

Found Memories

Tonight, I was cleaning out a suitcase. I stumbled across some really sentimental things. I found the last trach Tommy ever wore. It was the one he took his last breath with.

Medical ID bracelet.

ID bracelet from when he was admitted when he had his tonsillectomy. It says 7/16/2008.

Just a month before he was gone.

Going through baby clothes. Trying to bring myself to find a way to make a quilt out of them. I'm going to work on it with hubby's aunt.

Trying to move through this.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope to make a quilt, too. Saving Cora's clothes for the right moment. xo

Nancy Jensen said...

(((Hugs))) to both of you. I'm so sorry for your losses. I've kept some of Jessica's clothes that she wore when she was a baby and we lived at the hospital. I don't know if I could cut them up for a quilt or not.... but that would be the best way to have them near you. I'm going to have to keep that in mind as we enter hospice. She has a princess dress that she's worn to her last 5 birthdays. A friend of mine bought it online and then altered it. It was for her "last" birthday as she was having lung bleeds and entered into hospice. I'm definitely keeping it.

Good luck to both of you as you go down this road. The more I think about it, the more I think it would be a great idea to do a quilt. What size of quilt are you going to make?

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects
Double Inlet Left Ventricle with Transpostion of the Great Arteries