Thursday, June 11, 2009

Here comes the rain

It's clouding up outside and looking a little ominous. Good thing we had our fun outside last night! When we lived in Charleston, we had a patio set but hardly used it because it was either too hot or I just couldn't get outside with Tommy. We ended up somehow leaving the table in Charleston, but the chairs and umbrella made it here.

We've been looking for another table because the umbrella needs something to hold it upright. Last night, I asked Rob if he could just use a small table we have and cut a hole, then maybe we would get one of those umbrella stands to fill with water. Not so! My genius of a hubby came up with an awesome idea! We had some leftover PVC pipe laying around, so he cut one end off at an angle, pounded it two feet into the ground, then inserted the umbrella. Worked like a CHARM!!!

Last night, the kids and I pulled our chairs up under the umbrella while hubby hung clear lights on it. He's great about finding a deal and had picked up the lights at Goodwill a couple months ago for a dollar or two, brand new, still in the box. The kids brought out the radio, and at dusk, we lit up the lights, listened to the music and the kids caught fireflies (thanks to the nets Brandon got for his birthday!). And since it's me, I took pictures of it all!





Click on the picture and look closely. There's a lightening bug in there!


The boys enjoying being outside.


I think it looks great! Rob did a great job!

1 comment:

LJR said...

Looks great! I am a bit jealous, I haven't made a good sitting spot at our new house yet. Guess I will have to get right on that now, as soon as I buy some candles to keep our huge mosquitos away

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects
Double Inlet Left Ventricle with Transpostion of the Great Arteries