Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Updates

I wanted to include Tommy in our Christmas celebrations. It's been so hard without him, but the closer Christmas gets, the more at peace I feel. We had talked about putting a tree on his grave, and a few days ago, Rob's aunt found the perfect tree, so we all went together and put it up for him. Here it is.



I miss him more than ever, but the happy memories that we hold in our hearts are filling our lives with joy during our very sad times. Rob's grandmother has a picture of Tommy being held by Santa on her refrigerator. Every time I see it, I am filled with love.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas. Rob had a job interview last week. No job yet, but the prospect of him starting after the first of the year is there. We've applied for social services help. So far we have been approved for foods stamps, so at least the boys will have good stockings this year. We hope to have Medicaid and a State check approved by the end of the month. Some income is better than NO income and by getting a check, we will be required to do community service. Looks good on the resume and we might just turn it into something full time.

I feel so very blessed by having had Tommy in my life. I have found that he was a catalyst for so many things that have happened in the past year. I know he was an Angel sent from Heaven to teach me about love, compassion and healing. How I wish I could just hold him one more time though...

No comments:

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects
Double Inlet Left Ventricle with Transpostion of the Great Arteries