Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Ramblings

Tommy went to the endocrinologist today. Just another "ist" to add to my already long, long list. My sleep schedule is completely screwed up. I end up being up til 5 in the morning, and sleeping until 11ish. Matthew and Brandon stay up so late and no matter of approach will sway them to lay their heads down and sleep! I have always been a night owl, but when Brandon can survive on 4 hours of sleep a day and go like a freight train morning and night, I am having a hard time keeping up with him! I need a week of sleep! I have been given a respite opportunity...I can choose whatever it is I would like to pamper myself. Tough call. I just don't know!!! I thought about checking into a nice hotel for a weekend and ordering room service and going on a garden tour. Problem is, I have to train Rob how to care for Tommy, and it's just not working out. The point is to get away from Tommy for a little while, but if I have nobody is this whole world that knows how to care for him but me, then how can I ever get away. Maybe my respite should be to send Matthew and Brandon away for the weekend instead!

1 comment:

Awesome Mom said...

I highly reccomend making sure that your husband learns how to care for Tommy. It took a lot of patience on my part (it also helped that Evan was less complex than Tommy) but it was totally worth it. It helped my husband feel more connected with Evan and it also gave me peace of mind. What if you are in a sudden accident or something and can't take care of Tommy? Someone else needs to be there to take over just in case.

I think if you do get the chance the hotel ides sounds awesome. You could catch up on your sleep and get a nice break.

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects
Double Inlet Left Ventricle with Transpostion of the Great Arteries