Monday, May 9, 2011

Inspired

Yesterday, for the first time, I was able to write a poem without being in pain. Usually my poetry comes from a dark, sad place, but yesterday, the words flew out of me as I smiled and pictured what Heaven must be like for Tommy. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed creating it for him on Mother's Day.

My Little One plays in Heaven tonight
Among the clouds so soft and light

He slides down rainbows trying to catch the stars
Using his halo like he's driving a car

His wings are covered in sparkly dust
His nose is a little smudged, but nobody makes a fuss

His beautiful eyes make the angels sigh
with their twinkle of blue that never cries

He chases his friends on pudgy bare feet
And giggles when he catches them with rosy red cheeks

He tumbles in the clouds pretending to be a plane
His stomps make the thunder and bring down the rain

The wind is his hand playing with my hair
The sunshine on my face, his kisses, telling me he's there

I miss you so much that I should come undone
But how can I cry when Heaven is so much fun?

3 comments:

LJR said...

Love this! Very beautiful.

Susan said...

Ahhh, that gives me a lovely image in my mind of Tommy having so much fun the way it was meant to be. HUGS. Happy Mother's Day Rene.

Emily Morgan said...

I was browsing through blogs, and this poem caught my eye. It's beautiful. Sounds like he's in a fantastic place :) Stay strong

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects
Double Inlet Left Ventricle with Transpostion of the Great Arteries