Tuesday, January 18, 2011

"Born With A Broken Heart "

I can't remember how I "met" Annette. I know our paths were bound to cross, though. We have too much in common. We are both moms to CHD angels in Heaven. Her son, Alex, died at age 2 in 2007. Annette and her husband Rick wanted a way to share their story with the world and to help educate others about heart defects. They wrote a book about their son called "Born With A Broken Heart". Its an extremely touching story and is beautifully illustrated.

In the process of writing the book, Annette asked me (and other parents) if she could include Tommy's story in a special section of the book. I agreed without a second thought and got down to condensing his story for the book. It seemed like forever ago that I emailed her what I had written. Last year, the book was updated and new illustrations were added. I can't tell you how gorgeous the illustrations turned out!!

All proceeds from the sale of the book go to Alex's Heart Fund at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.

The book can be purchased several places, including Amazon and on their website, here. I feel very blessed to have Tommy's story published and being read by so many people. Annette has helped me to heal by putting my words about my son into print, along with her own precious angel. Thank you, Annette and Rick, from the bottom of my heart!

No comments:

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects

Diagram of Tommy's Heart Defects
Double Inlet Left Ventricle with Transpostion of the Great Arteries